fedi.ninja’s goal is to build a comprehensible list/map and statistics of the known oStatus/ActivityPub fediverse.
Additionally, fedi.ninja also provides a monitoring service for instance owners.
Warning: The site and its data are currently under active development!
Other protocols than oStatus/ActivityPub may be added some day, for more details see the info page.
The current backend crawler IPs are:
- fedi.ninja (
API and database access
The rest of the API is now under work for real!
Read-only access to the fedi.ninja underlying database can be provided for research purposes. Send an email!
Written in Elixir, uses PostgreSQL with TimescaleDB, and licensed under AGPL; hosted on the glorious FreeBSD.
Third Party data sources
- GeoLite2 Country and ASN, licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0, created by MaxMind, available from maxmind.com.
- Public Suffix List, publicsuffix.org.
- chartd.co is used to generate the png/svg charts used in lists/charts api.
- joinmastodon.org server list data is used to know if the instance adheres to the Mastodon Covenant, and to get instance topics.
- instances.social server list data is used to get instance topics/….
- Developed by contributors (@href, @hecate, @lerk) and hosted by @href
- Contains an embedded Pleroma instance
- Thanks to @dashie for supporting some of href’s rants, helping in testing, reporting various issues, and for the nodeinfo validator idea and well-known schema.
- Thanks to @Famine for the logo
- Thanks to @feld for helping hosting the main crawler
- Thanks to @rin for building fun queries out the data on metabase
- special thanks to the whole fediverse too!